Looking for a new Chairperson
Appointment of Chairperson
The Cambridge Centre for Christianity Worldwide, the operating name of The Henry Martyn Trust, is looking to appoint a new Chairperson in the near future. The present Chair, Revd Roger Bowen, is stepping down after 10 years. It is required that the Chair lives within easy reach of Cambridge.
Appointment of Chair:
The Henry Martyn Trust is engaged in expanding and developing the activities of the Cambridge Centre for Christianity Worldwide in education and research. It has a well-respected Library and Archive, and a well-established programme of inter-cultural encounter bursaries. As well as developing courses of its own, the Centre also works in partnership with the Cambridge Theological Federation and the Universities of Cambridge and Anglia Ruskin. The Chair will serve as a Trustee in developing the Centre to meet the needs of the 21st century. The Chair should have a personal vision for the Mission of God in today’s world.
Profile: Essential Qualifications:
- Has experience of Christian ministry and mission.
- Has experience of serving in cross-cultural situations.
- Theologically and missiologically articulate.
- Able to chair the three Trustees’ meetings held every year.
- Has time available to meet with the Director at least one day a month.
- Regularly contactable by email.
- Equipped to support the Director pastorally and professionally.
- Ready to share in supporting the five part-time staff.
- Ready to serve as a Trustee leading a team of fellow-Trustees.
Remuneration: The position is unpaid.
To respond to this vacancy, you are invited to notify the CCCW Administrator, Polly Keen, in confidence at Westminster College, Cambridge CB3 0AA or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointment will be subject to appropriate exploratory conversations, followed by approval by the Board of Trustees.