Friends of CCCW
The ongoing work of CCCW is generously supported by a worldwide network of Friends.
As well as offering an opportunity to contribute to research in Christianity Worldwide and to encourage people in cross-cultural mission, becoming a Friend of CCCW means being part of a lively, articulate, well-connected fellowship of supporters and scholars.
‘Through its archives and its global connections, CCCW effectively links world mission with the local church. At the same time, in a post-Christendom era, it also relates local mission initiatives to the wider world church.
Prof. Kirsteen Kim, Fuller Theological Seminary, California
Friends of CCCW receive:
– A termly newsletter and regular invitations to events
– Discounted access to CCCW’s events – including discounted conference fees
– Discounts on CCCW’s publications
– An annual invitation to a service of thanksgiving and dinner in Cambridge for further updates and networking
The Edinburgh Missionary Conference in 1910 led to the conviction that the ultimate goal of visible unity of Christians is that the world might believe. The membership of CCCW in the Cambridge Theological Federation is an institutional reminder that unity and mission belong inextricably together. It provides an important opportunity to explore what this might mean today in the context of worldwide Christianity.’
Dame Mary Tanner, Former European President of the World Council of Churches.
Becoming a Friend of CCCW
Friends of CCCW can support the work of the Centre through:
· Regular prayer
· Setting up a monthly or annual subscription
· Considering a Legacy in your will
· Spreading the word to others
We suggest a minimum annual subscription of £120 (or £10/month). We encourage Friends to Gift Aid their subscriptions and to pay by standing order. Donations will support global south students and visiting scholars, our World Christianity Summer School, the intercultural Encounter Scheme and the Centre’s research.
Larger gifts would be particularly welcome as we seek to offer our resource to those with insufficient means to cover their fees.
International Friends wishing to make a tax efficient donation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
The generosity of Friends will allow us to continue develop our work in new and exciting directions:
· £2,500 will allow a global south scholar to attend our annual summer school
· £5,000 will fund a global south scholar to spend a 10-week sabbatical at CCCW
· Support for postgraduate research will enable MPhil and PhD students from the global south to undertake research in World Christianity and mission.
‘For 25 years the Cambridge Centre for Christianity Worldwide has consistently reminded church and academic communities in Cambridge of the vital significance of world Christianity and its missionary emphasis for the understanding of the Christian faith.’
Prof. Brian Stanley, Professor in World Christianity, University of Edinburgh